background

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Donate and Pray!


I just wanted to let you all know that there are two great causes that you can get involved in NOW!

Jeff Prentice is a father of five (awesome, in my opinion!) kids and husband to one (amazing!) wife, Janet. Jeff is the boys PE teacher and coach at Baptist Regional School. I happen to be a girl (!), so I never had him as a teacher or coach although I graduated from that school. I did, however, have Janet as my field hockey coach/gym/health teacher. That's how I know just how awesome she is. I also had the privilege to teach three of her terrific kids at Baptist Regional School this past year. They're the kind of kids that a teacher loves. They're well-behaved, but they also have personality. (Unlike some kids that are so well behaved, but BORING! ha!) Her kids are not that! So, I'm rambling here, but the point is that Jeff has been diagnosed with Stage IV Follicular Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma (NHL), a treatable, but incurable cancer. He and his family would really appreciate your prayers at this time! And if you are able, you can also donate to his trust fund to help with the rising medical costs that they are faced with. Click here to find out more.

Another thing you really need to check out and become involved in is helping to support Tricia Lawrenson. I know Tricia through the Prentices, although I only remember seeing her in Sunday School as a kid. I remember her being the cute little Kirschner girl, and now she needs your prayers, along with her beautiful daughter, Gwyneth. I would sit here and tell you all about their story, but I would never be able to do justice to all of the amazing things GOD has been doing in their lives. Check out their story here.

Finally, I'd like to leave you with this encouragement. I don't know who is reading this blog or where you are in your spiritual journey, but I pray that you will seek the One who can heal your hurts. You can find more information about how you can have the peace and hope that Jeff, Janet, Tricia, Nate and their families have Here. Please, don't waste another minute of your life without knowing what He has done for YOU!

"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30