background

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Josie says plus the really cool new thing she does

Dada
Mama
hi
no
sah (sock)
bayyy (baby)
peee (pretty)
poppop sometimes said papa (PopPop & Grammy)
daa (bath)
nnnnaa (banana)

After Josie eats something messy, I usually go turn the bath water on while she’s still in her highchair. She knows what the sound of the water means, and immediately says “daa” when I come out of the bathroom. I say, “you want to take a bath?” And she gets all excited and says, “daa daa daa.”

The other day she actually surprised me by asking for a bath! She has two rubber duckies (one in the bath and one in her toy basket). She was saying “daa” to me, but I just assumed it was just a noise. Then, she crawled over to her duckie and picked it up, looked at me and said “daa.” I said, “you want to take a bath?” and she dropped the duckie, crawled at lightening speed towards the bathroom, all the while saying “daa” and turning around to make sure I was following her. Be still my proud mama’s heart!

It just amazes me the things that she understands and to see her saying words unprompted is soo cool! Multiple times a day, I look at her playing and say out loud, “Thank you, God, for this precious little girl!” She is such a joy!

And in other news: SHE WALKS!! She won't take more than 5-6 steps at a time, but it is so fun to watch (and cheer and clap and squeal with delight!)

1 comment:

Tote, Debby, Sammy and Caleb Jimenez said...

love that girl!! i'm on my way right now for some hugs and kisses!! =)