background

Monday, January 25, 2010

Where did my baby go?

I'm pretty sure it was about 3 weeks ago that I held a scrawny, dark-haired, squeaking infant in a pink blanket. And then today? She's walking and talking and acting like a big girl. What happened?

I know that time flies when you have kids, but this is ridiculous! Even in the past few weeks, Josie has been actually TALKING to me. She went from just answering questions and babbling, to coming up to me with actual THINGS TO SAY! I'm sorry I'm yelling. It's just that I'm kind of in a state of shock...that I'm pretty sure will last until the day I die (thankfully!)

Today we had this conversation (so there are still quite a few babbly words in there, but it's the fact that she is conversing!):

Josie: Mama, sing song?
Me: You want to sing a song? Okay.
Josie: Otay. Sing song woe woe boat? Yes, woe woe boat? Sing song? Otay.
Me: Okay, let's sing Row Row Row Your Boat.
Josie: Woe woe boat no. no woe woe boat no.
Me: Okay, let's sing another song. Twinkle Twinkle?
Josie: Sing song woe woe boat. Otay.

And it's also kind of nice to know she shares her mother's indecisive genes!

No comments: